Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A short peddle

After my little bit of mountain biking in Nelson last week I decided to start using my mountain bike again for some more fitness.  At the gym it's the cardio that's the hardest and perhaps the most monotonous so I reckon if I can get some more in some other way then it's all good.

I had to get the shop to replace one of the cables on my rear derailleur and I replaced the bar tape.  Everything else was pretty good although I did play with the brakes a little too...


So this morning after walking the dog I decided to go for a short peddle.  It was all good and I did just under 6km (nothing in other words).  I cut the ride short as one of the front brake pads was still loose and it ended up swivelling into the wheel...

No drama, I just removed the pad and carried on with no front brakes...

If you ignore the brake issue it was a good little start to adding a little extra exercise into my life.  Now the challenge is to keep at it, maybe squeezing in a ride on those days that I don't go to the gym.  Work kinda gets in the way sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment