Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Time for an update

Ok, so I've been pretty slack at both my fitness activities and posting on this blog.

For one reason or another I haven't been going to the gym that much lately over the past few months so now I've finally got back into it a bit.  Since restarting I've found that I have put on a little weight and have definitely lost some fitness and strength.

The first few times I went to the gym I didn't get through everything I wanted to, was knackered and then sore for days.  On Monday I made a few changes and feel a bit better for it.

My warm-up on the stationary bike is a piece of cake - 15 minutes fairly hard out on the cardio setting.  Then when I hit the weights I dropped the weights I was working with quite a bit.  This let me do full sets of all the exercises I wanted to do plus one extra.  I was still working pretty hard and keeping my heart rate up but didn't take as long to recover between sets.  When I had finished I felt great and was pretty pleased with myself.  I plan to follow this routine from now on and only increase the weights once I feel I've made some gains.

I was fairly fairly good on Tuesday night but didn't want to push my luck at the gym two nights in a row so I rang Mark and we went for a bike ride instead.  It was fairly windy so hard work at times but I still enjoyed the approximately 15km ride.

I decided to have a rest night tonight and intend to hit the gym again tomorrow night.  Friday will probably be another day off as we are planning a decent mountain bike ride on Saturday - this will be a good test of my fitness...

Good to be doing something again and enjoying it!


No comments:

Post a Comment