Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

That's it

Yep, our walking challenge has finished so I can put my feet up eh?

I ended up with 441,994 steps in 6 weeks for an average of 10,524 per day - so I just scraped in to meet the 10,000 per day.


Because I'm a geek I also converted the steps to kilometres using the same multiplication factor as I used on my pedometer - 80cm strides - which I think is about right according to some GPS tracks I also took.  Anyway, the magic total number ended up as 353km.  That's a fairly decent walk eh?

So now I have to decide whether to carry on including increased walking (more than a simple dog walk) or put more work in at the gym.  Currently I'm thinking of a mix of both but am really keen to get back into the gym more often and to push myself.  Time will tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment